WHY OPEN AN UNPACKAGED minimal-waste STORE in Alaska?
Well . . . . .
BECAUSE. . . . .
We Believe . . . . .
We Are ready to Join the Global MINIMIZING WASTE TREND
- The Alaska Zero Waste group has over 700 members.
- The environmental impact of single-use plastics are being taught in our schools.
- The SWS composting program started in part because our landfills are in danger of reaching capacity.
- Anchorage has banned plastic bags.
- Spring clean-ups in Anchorage are evidence that plastics are a blot on our beautiful landscapes.
- The local food movement supports farmers and addresses issues with food security.
Jennifer Gordon, a 25-year Alaskan resident and Jessica Johnson, who spent her childhood in Alaska and returned here to raise her own child, have come together to see this business come to fruition. They are tirelessly working hand-in-hand as they partner in the vision, planning and execution of Blue Market AK. Read more about their inspiration and background here.